Signs of Postpartum Anxiety
- Chest pains
- Racing or pounding heart
- Shortness of breath
- Hot or cold flashes
- Irrational fears
- Feeling agitated, restless, or irritable
- Inability to sit still
- Excessive concern about baby’s health or own health
- Being on “high alert”
- Appetite changes: often rapid weight loss
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep (other than baby waking)
- Constant worry
- Sensations of choking or trouble breathing
- Trembling, rapid heart rate, numbness, or tingling sensations
- Excessive worry or fears
- Racing thoughts
Postpartum Anxiety is treatable and curable. It can occur during pregnancy or anytime in the first year of parenthood. Mothers and fathers are both susceptible.
If you or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, please contact your health care provider or reach out to the therapists at The Catalyst Center.
You are not alone. We can help.
300 South Jackson Street, Suite 520
Denver, CO 80209
The Catalyst Center is a group practice specializing in the prevention and treatment of postpartum depression, anxiety, and trauma reactions.
Thank you to Dr. Katie Godfrey for help compiling this information!